Friday, November 2, 2012

Coffee Mug Swap

Last month a friend posted a link to Cook Family Chronicles blog and the Coffee Mug Swap that Heather was going to do.  It sounded like the perfect idea to me, as I really love my hot tea 2-3 times a day, and ADORE fun, meaningful mugs.   I also really enjoyed reading Heather's blog and Twitter feeds.    I was so excited when I got the e-mail with my swap partner's name, Christie Hill.  I found her blog, Satisfaction Through Christ and immediately loved what she had to say.  I friended Christie on Facebook, and followed her on Twitter.  The more I got to see of who she was, the more I got excited to find a wonderful mug for her.    I saw a beautiful mug in a catalog, and went online to order it.  It was a beautiful nativity scene, which seemed to be perfect for my new friend. I tried for three days to order it online, but every single time, something went wrong and it would not work.  Closing in on the deadline, I went to Christianbook.com one night and searched for coffee mugs.  The selection was overwhelming, but I asked God to help me know when I saw the right one.  After searching multiple pages, my eye kept being drawn to a beautiful sunny yellow mug that said blessings. Both the color and the verse from Psalms seemed to be a perfect fit for Christie's inspiring blog, so I had it sent to her with a note, praying that I'd picked the right one.  A few days later I heard from her and found out just how much she loved it.  :D Obviously God knew what she needed and loved much better than I did.
The day after I sent out Christie's mug, I got a phone call after my morning bus route that sent my world into a tailspin.  My best friend Becky, who was closer than a sister to me, and was the ONLY one (including my family) who saw the troubles in my marriage and helped me make the decision to leave  and supported and helped me through everything, had passed away suddenly from a blood clot in her lungs.  The day afterwards, which happened to be my birthday, there was a box at my door. I honestly didn't even think about the coffee mug swap. I just figured my mom had sent me a birthday gift, instead of waiting til our family dinner that coming weekend.   I was so excited and moved to tears when I opened the box to find the sweetest note from Christie, and this beautiful mug

I was moved to tears.  How totally perfect for me!  The verse is Matthew 6:8 "Remember, your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask Him!"  This verse has proven true so very many times in my life, in my dangerous marriage.... in the lives of my kids and them coming into my life.... in how I met my fiance and how God has worked all of those circumstances out before I even knew what or how to pray...    God also blessed me by having it be delivered as a bright spot in that most difficult day.  Every time I use my mug (multiple times all day long) I think of how the yellow matches Christie's mug, and of how God always knows what we need and is always there for us.    I am certain He directed me to the mug swap in the first place, for this and myriad other reasons which we can't yet see.  I don't know about you, but I am excited each day to see how God is going to speak to me and use me to bless others.

Check out Christie's post here Satisfaction Through Christ Mug Swap and all of the other wonderful swap stories here: Cook Family Chronicles Coffee Mug Swap Link Up

Linked to Weekend Whatever Linkup #45 
 

              

2 comments:

  1. I love this Jennifer! It continues to amaze me how the Lord uses simple things such as these to speak to us in great ways!

    What a blessing to play a small part in His BIG plan!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. Praying peace and comfort to you during this time. I am thankful that you were blessed through the swap. Thank you for taking the time to link up, and show us all your blessing!

    ReplyDelete