Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chicken Nuggets and French Fries

I came across the recipe for these nuggets and thought it would be fun to have a typical "kid" meal of chicken nuggets and fries for the kids on Saturday night.  Of course, being gluten, corn, dairy, soy etc. free - NOTHING is easy, not even chicken nuggets. lol     Still, they tasted good, but I was frustrated that the meal took about 2 hours to make from start to finish.  NOT what I call a "quick, easy, kid-friendly" meal!  I baked my nuggets instead of frying them, though I tried frying some also and was not pleased with how the chicken seemed overdone.    I found the recipe, Chicken Tortas  here on The Allergist Mom's website: http://theallergistmom.com/   





For my fries, I just peeled yellow potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then in half again, then quartered them - also lengthwise.  I put them in a bowl, sprinkled them with grapeseed oil and coarse sea salt, laid them flat on a jellyroll pan, and baked them at 450 for about 20-30 minutes. They turned out beautifully!    I do have to say that the kids absolutely loved the meal!  Mandie ate hers with her homemade ketchup, smiling the whole time.      The fries are a staple in our house, but I think I will stick to my simple chicken strips next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment